Sidebar indicator for Flagged

I noticed something strange today, which might or might not be intended.

I cleared my last available flagged task (hooray) and was surprised to see that the orange bar to the left of the Flagged icon and text remained visible.

After some fiddling I realised that I have a flagged task that is not yet available. That might sound counterintuitive, but it is something that cannot be done yet, but when it is available I want reminding loudly on every dashboard! The consequence is that in the meantime I get an orange bar.

For me, ideally the bar would disappear until the task becomes available. I would understand entirely if the designers took a stance that ā€œyou flagged it buster, deal with it!ā€.

1 Like

I agree that it would be more useful if the Flags perspective tag were only highlighted if thereā€™s at least one available flagged item. I always have flagged items deferred to the future, including some that canā€™t be done until a future date/time.

If you havenā€™t already, I recommend submitting this feedback to The Omni Group by choosing Contact Omni from the Help menu.

1 Like

I would have expected it to follow the ā€˜View optionsā€™ setting of the perspective: available or remaining (if ā€˜Allā€™ is selected, taking the number of remaining flagged actions since completed flagged tasks are not meaningful). Iā€™ve never noticed this since I use a custom perspective instead of Flagged and have removed it from my sidebar.

1 Like

I have the same problem. The Omni Group support have confirmed now that this is a bug. They hope to address it in the future.

Done and received a positive response in line with @Jan_H below!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.