Special repetitiv question

Hi,

i wonder if the following is possible with OmniFocus 2 on the Mac:

I have a task that i need to do every month within the first week. It doesn’t really matter if i do it on the first day of the month or on the seventh but it needs to be done by the 7th latest.

Is it possible to set a task to appear on my list every first of a month and be due on the 7th? That would be really valuable.

Thanks,
Frank

Have you tried creating a task and entering the dates in the inspector exactly as you say?

Defer Until: november 1st
Due: november 7th
Repeat Every: 1 month

It even shows you how the next instance will be created, in this case using december 1st and december 7th as deferred and due dates.

3 Likes

Vloris,

that looks great, thanks. didn’t get that i need to set the date for the first appearance and then that the reptition copies exactly that and doesn’t start from the day i mark the first one as completed. Looks to do exactly what i was looking for.

Thanks again.

helmi,

OmniFocus also has the possibility you describe (start x days/whatever from the day you mark the first one as completed): that happens when you change the dropdown under repeat from ‘repeat every’ to ‘defer another’.

1 Like