Stencil Hitbox?

Hey – I made a stencil using an SVG and a Label but all the whitespace in the stencil makes it really hard to click on the shape in my diagram. That doesn’t seem to be as problematic for stencils created for others, so I’m sure there’s a solution, but I don’t know what it is.

How can I define a clickable area covering much of the stencil that has no visible impact on the diagram?

When I have imported an SVG, it usually comes in a bunch of parts: lines, labels, etc. Maybe you can identify which element is creating the large whitespace and remove/resize it to help?

I guess I didn’t explain my problem sufficiently well— the problem is that the resulting group has lots of transparent parts that I can’t click on, so grabbing the symbol requires me to hover over the thin lines correctly.

I want to keep the transparent parts but be able to expand the clickable area.

I can post a little screencast later.

You can zoom in and make those thin items easier to select.

You can also use the Layers or Outline sidebar to select the items. Sometimes much easier (and there are the Scroll to Select and Zoom to Selection options).

Like this:
https://discourse-test.omnigroup.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/5/e5ac63040cc287d2408fcc5e197f250243a3b6b7.mp4

And, yeah, I can zoom in, or use the layers/outline, or hold shift / command – there are definitely options I can employ. Ideally, I’d like to make the symbol itself more usable so that I don’t have to use those workarounds – some way to define the clickable area as being more than the elements within the symbol. There’s no way to do that?

I don’t think so, esp if it is a group of objects. The bounding box is usually goes to make sure it covers all the enclosed objects.

Would it help to add a transparent rectangular shape (no fill, no stroke) to your stencil?