Surprised by features missing from OmniFocus for the Web

Also, I’m a bit surprised that OmniFous for web does not allow one to create repeating tasks or editing of repeat. :(

OmniFocus for the Web is not built as a standalone service; it’s built as a companion for our native apps. We have and will continue to enhance its feature set over time, as time allows, but developing new features isn’t the top priority of our web team. Our web team’s top priority is to keep the service running efficiently and reliably so that it’s available to those customers who need it.

(That said, we’ve started work on our next round of updates, which are focused on refreshing the web service’s design to fit in better with the design of the native OmniFocus 4 apps.)

2 Likes

OmniFocus for the Web is not built as a standalone service; it’s built as a companion for our native apps.

I understand. That’s why I have OF 4 Pro on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone :)

I’m testing out OF Web to see if I like using it on my office-issued Windows laptop. While I can muck around on my iPhone with OF when I’m in my office, doing major planning is a lot easier and quicker for me when I have access to a laptop/desktop.

1 Like