Syncing calendars? [A: any visible in Calendar.app can appear in OmniFocus]

Ah, seems like I did read that, but didn’t know exactly what it meant at that time.

The situation is, that again, OF is assuming that the user just lives in ITS world and no other. This is just a very bad assumption for most folks. Like many, I am balancing work, family, church, community activities and so on. That needs to be on ONE calendar that someone can view, and it can’t be limited two weeks out.

Many events and activities and tasks are more than two weeks out and many times more than two MONTHS out. Yet, they need to go on the calendar and the calendar needs to be aware of those. Suppose I have a meeting thats set for a month from now and I am collecting information for it and planning around it. It goes in OF. But now, something comes up a week later and I need to schedule a date for that task. If I’m not careful, or if I DON"T have an all-inclusive calendar, then I might assign that VERY day that I have my meeting.

I don’t mind going out of OF and checking calendar (though it would be easier if I didn’t HAVE to do that), but for those tasks to not show up immediately (24 hours is ridiculous in this day and time), and for everything past two weeks to NOT show up is VERY restricting I’m afraid.

I had the same issue – No calendars listed in the View menu in the Forecast Perspective. I called Omnigroup and they solved it pretty quickly. Omniflow uses the internal OSX calendar. I had not given this app access to my calendar (in Outlook running on an Exchange server.)

To resolve:

1. Click Apple icon in upper left
  2. Choose “System Preferences.”
  3. Click “Internet Accounts”
  4. Click on your accounts in the left hand column. Is “Calendar” checked in any of them?
  5. If not, check it in one of your accounts. This will give the OSX Calendar access to your calendar.
  6. If one is checked, then this won’t help you. I suggest calling Omni Support. Phone support is much faster and they are a great bunch of folks.
1 Like

Dear Kkathman,

Could you find a solution to integrate your OF activities/tasks into your Google Calendar?

Did anyone find a solution? I am having the exact same issue on Omnifocus 3 macOS. on the iOS version, everything works fine. On iOS see all of my calendar events in the Forecast view. In Omnifocus 3 on macOS none of my calendar events show.
I did give permission in macOS Security Preferences and chose the calendars I wanted in the Omnifocus Forecast Perspective View Show Options Still no luck. Any other ideas?