Syncing stencils with Omnipresence

Stencils in Omnipresence show up on the iPad.

I can only get the stencils buried deep deep in my ~user/Library/… folder to appear on the Mac OmniGraffle.

How can I quickly edit a stencil on either the iPad or the Mac and have the changes synced?

Omni support -
Unfortunately, due to OS X sandboxing limitations, OmniGraffle 6 is unable to to use symlinks or otherwise reference folders outside of the OmniGraffle container, which means it’s not currently possible to use Dropbox (or even our OmniPresence solution) as a way to keep stencils synced. We’ve a request for some means to do this, I’ve added your comments there.

In the meantime, I’m sorry to disappoint.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. We really appreciate your support!

1 Like

I use a software called SyncTime in the background on my MacBook to sync the Stencil folder of OmniGraffle to my OmniPresence folder. It works.

I came across this thread trying to find a way to sync my OmniGraffle data using Dropbox. I just discovered a symlink placed in the Dropbox folder pointing to OmniGraffle’s data will sync it with Dropbox as if it was a folder in Dropbox.

Open terminal.app and navigate to your Dropbox folder

cd ~/Dropbox

Run the following command to make a link in your Dropbox folder to OmniGraffle’s data:

ln -s ~/Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle6/Data/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Omni\ Group/OmniGraffle ./OmniGraffle

Then you can close terminal and move the symlink file in your Dropbox to any subfolder.