System requirements for OF3 for Mac [10.13 "High Sierra" or later]

Thanks for the in-depth explanation! That all makes sense. It’s other software that is older and not updated to work with High Sierra that is holding me back at the moment, but it’s nothing that is worth holding off on OF3 for, so I will make the upgrade soon.

Too bad about the system requirements. I’m running Sierra on my main MBP because Adobe doesn’t support Photoshop CS6 on High Sierra. If I have to choose between Photoshop and OmniFocus, I’m afraid Photoshop’s going to win.

1 Like

After a cursory search, Photoshop CS6, although not supported by Adobe on High Sierra, does work with a few caveats. You could clone your Sierra install to an external drive, update to High Sierra on the external, and see how it goes.

I am in a different situation - restricted by corporate policy. High Sierra still hasn’t finished going through the security review process. Is there no pre-High Sierra build available (even if not officially supported) for OF?

2.10 is still available on the downloads page: https://www.omnigroup.com/download but you won’t be able to use an upgraded database with it if I recall correctly.

If your Mac can’t run the native OmniFocus 3 app for whatever reason, one alternative is to use OmniFocus for the Web in your web browser. It’s a lot more limited than the native app, but at least you can get at your lists!

1 Like