Tags perspective dots

Hi, do the dots under each tag name in the default Tags perspective annoy you? I know most of you will probably use custom perspectives but I quite like the additional functionality the default perspective offers. I just wish those dots showed Available actions rather than Remaining. I’m even considering the calendar for future tasks to make those dots meaningful.

which dots? I don’t see dots in my OF tags perspective?

Under IOS you can see very faint light gray circles when you select the tag perspective. The number of points shows the number of tasks assigned to the tag. I don’t understand why he is so upset about the number of remaining tasks being displayed.

It’s just that it would be helpful if it showed the number of tasks available. If you had a lot of tags and some of them had no available tasks, you wouldn’t need to look at that tag.

It would make sense if the number of dots reflected the view settings for the perspective, instead of always showing all remaining tasks. You might find it interesting to know that the dots are gone in the test flight versions of Omnifocus 4 for IOS. Instead all available tasks are shown in a list, sorted by tag. From that perspective you may also show a navigation list, where the number of available tasks are shown below each tag (in digits, not in dots). I think you might like it.

1 Like

I have good news for you: fixed in OF 4 (at least in current beta)

I just need an invite now 😂

They are looking for users to test

So if you have not applied yet, the link is still active

I already applied 😄

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.