Title bar/one column is highly compressed while editing

The title bar (one column, I presume, but I treat it as the ‘title’ to an OmniOutliner 4 document) is compressed when I’m editing.

What’s going on?

Sorry, I’m not quite sure what I’m looking at in this screenshot. Is this an issue particular to specific files? Can you send us one if so? If not, is this text in a row in the outline? Or by title bar do you mean this is the column title (what by default is named “Topic” in English)? What are the font settings on this text? Thanks.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Title bar/one column is highly compressed while editing:

Apologies about that.

Basically, I’m using the template from the original template that was used for OmniOutliner 4 (back when it was still in beta test).

The ‘top’/title bar is essentially a single row in the document at the top, which I treat as the ‘title bar’ of a document.

Some screenshots to illustrate this:

Ah, it’s because you’re at 200% zoom. Looks like the zoom level isn’t being applied right when editing the column title under Yosemite. We’ll get this fixed, thanks.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Title bar/one column is highly compressed while editing:

Thanks.

Unfortunately I have to use 200% zoom as my eyesight isn’t that good, and that I’m using a Macbook Air 11".

Hi Derek,
The problem’s still there. Did it somehow slip through?

We haven’t released an update for OmniOutliner 4 yet. Our focus is currently on finishing OmniOutliner for iOS.

2 Likes

Excellent. Thanks for the update.

Would also love to see OmniOutliner 4 and the OmniOutliner 4 Pro consolidated into one app (which Omni has done with OmniFocus 2 and all other apps released after that).

But on the other hand, I don’t want to suffer from a situation like OmniFocus 2 for iOS where I’ve paid twice–once for iPad (Pro) and once for the iPhone version.

They are still separate apps on the Mac App Store because that was the only way to give OmniOutliner 3 owners a free upgrade. It has already been consolidated into a single app when purchased through our store.

1 Like