Tracking Several People Doing the Same Thing

I have been hunting for weeks to find a GTD app for my phone that I can use to do the following:

1. I have an employee that starts a “Track” to a certain level of employment.
  2. I have to track them over 8 months through 4 stages and 244 tasks and action groups that they have to accomplish.
  3. I do not want to keep re-writing this same track for each person over and over.
  4. I thought that OF for the iPhone would be the final app to try to do it. I set up the “Track Project” with a repeat when completed in order to work around the lack of a “Duplicate Project” button on the iPhone. (I cannot for the life of me imagine why this does not exist for $40, but there you are).
  5. When the project is completed, the new project has all of the tasks completely out of order, rendering the new project totally worthless.

I feel like Heston in Planet of the Apes.

Help?

If you email this to omnifocus@omnigroup.com we’d be happy to submit a feature request for you.

That said, currently OmniFocus on iOS does not have the ability to duplicate a project, however, you can use the iOS copy and paste functions to duplicate an action or an ’action group’ (actions nested within a parent action).

The best workaround for this is to create your master project (your template), then use the Convert to Action option to turn the project into an ‘action group’.

Once you’ve converted the project into an action group, to duplicate it, touch-and-hold on the action group and select Copy from the contextual menu, then touch-and-hold it again and tap Paste. The duplicated action group can then be converted back into a project using the Convert to Project option, and moved to anywhere in the project hierarchy using the Move option.