Upgrade Blocked - “Cannot connect to iTunes Store”

I just downloaded OmniOutliner 3 on my iPad Air 2 and was offered the standard discount to upgrade to Pro as I’m a OO 2 Pro user. But when I push the button to buy the upgrade, a “Cannot connect to iTunes Store” box appears - every time. Thoughts? Many thanks for any insights you may have.

I’ve heard other reports of this and would love to get to the bottom of it. But that error is reported down in Apple’s system code and we don’t really know much more than you do about the underlying reasons.

I assume the prices are showing up correctly? We get those from the store, so clearly some part of the store is reachable if those are present.

It’s possible that the store service on the device has just gotten into a confused state somehow. Does restarting your iPad help? Or logging out of your iTunes account (in the Settings app) and logging back in?

Or maybe even deleting the app and reinstalling it? (If you try this, be sure to preserve any documents you may have created first! Do this by copying or moving them out of the app.)

(Oh, and is it safe to assume that In-App Purchases aren’t disabled on your device via parental or corporate controls?)

If you figure out something that resolves this for you, we’d love to hear about it! And if the above suggestions don’t help, please email us at sales@omnigroup.com to see if we have any other suggestions or options.

Sorry for the trouble!