Upgrade discounts for OmniFocus 2? [A: Yes. See thread.]

Sorry for the confusion! You and anyone else who purchased v1 from one store and accidentally purchases v2 from the other can contact sales@omnigroup.com and we’ll help straighten things out.

Are there educational discounts for the iOS versions?

Sales isn’t my area of expertise here, but if I remember correctly, yes, but it’s a program run by Apple and it was more of a bulk-purchasing program aimed at institutions than one that was useful to individuals purchasing products for their own use. (If you want to be absolutely sure, send an email to the address mentioned in my previous post.)

If that turns out to be the case, one thing that might help would be to keep an eye out online - various retailers periodically try to drum up traffic for their sites by selling iTunes gift cards for less than face value. That effectively gives you a discount on whatever you purchase using the credit they grant. Hope that helps!

That’s what we figured…many thanks, Brian!

Hi,

I have what may be a slightly odd problem with the upgrade. I purchased OF1 from the AppStore when I was living in Singapore. I’m back in Australia and have purchased OF2 from the Australian AppStore. Unfortunately, OF2 doesn’t recognise the version of OF1 that I have as an AppStore purchase. (I do still have the AppStore receipt for it if proof is needed.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I know our sales teams have been contacted by a few other folks in similar situations, but I’m not sure what the outcome was. If you contact them at sales@omnigroup.com, they’ll do everything they can to assist.

Thanks Brian :-)

Excuse me, I have the same problem. Could you tell me the address of Education Store? Many thanks!

The App Store offers a 50% educational discount when you buy an app in volume. Here’s a link to OmniFocus at the App Store’s volume purchase program:

https://volume.itunes.apple.com/us/app/omnifocus-2/id867299399?mt=12

You can also receive an educational discount (for individual seats or when buying in volume) when you buy directly from us, as noted earlier in this thread: