Using Priority vs. End Constraint

Background: I have a home repair project involving carpentry that I initially set out to do myself with some help from a friend. I decided to get a bid from a contractor (in case the price is acceptable), and will be meeting him for a site visit.

I have about a dozen tasks that I need to do before meeting with him (research, documentation, drawing), but those tasks aren’t showing up in the timeline in the order I need them to to be prepared for the visit. To create a filter to temporarily show only those tasks, would it be better to select them, then assign a priority of 1 (I currently have no priority levels set on any tasks), or set an ‘end constraint is on or before’ date/time and filter on that?

(I initially looked at adding an ad-hoc flag of #flagged, and then putting that in the notes of the tasks I want to filter on, but I found that only works if I append it to the Name of tasks. Additionally, this is kind of a hack and takes more time, so I figure I’ll try to work within the more standard ways of filtering).

@omnibob These both seem like reasonable ways to accomplish what you’re looking to do! The only downside I can think of for using the priority field is that it may impact your project’s schedule if you’re using resource leveling, as this field is intended to tell OmniPlan’s leveling tool which tasks are higher priority to schedule first. However, if these tasks do need to be completed before the tasks without a priority assigned, this may be doubly useful in your workflow!