View Completed Date iOS

I have searched the forums and google but I am unable to find details on how to see a tasks completed date in iOS. I know there is a completed perspective, but tasks completed before yesterday are grouped as ‘Within the last week’. Is there any way, on iOS, that I can go into a task and see when it was completed?

3 Likes

You’ll have to send an e-mail to omnifocus@omnigroup.com to vote for more refined groups to show something more than “the last week.” Unfortunately, there is nothing yet.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt response. Will email my them, very surprised that I can’t even view the completed date from the task inspector.

1 Like

There was discussion about that recently. OmniFocus 3 was just released and there is a section in the inspector to “Customize inspector.” This laid the groundwork for the developers to eventually add more info such as completed date, added date, and changed date.

I’m hoping that this gets added myself! My email was sent previously. Hopefully more people will also send in their e-mails to up-vote this feature request.

3 Likes

Adjusting task completion dates is essentially the only aspect of OmniFocus that I am forced to do on my Mac. I think everything else that I need to do can be done in iOS. I’ve also written to the Omni Group about getting this feature. (Not that I mind working on my Mac. It’s just that I like being able to do everything I need to do in OF on whatever device I happen to be using at the time.)

1 Like

Please send feedback to omnifocus@omnigroup.com asking that they add Completed Date to the inspector on iOS. I already put in my request. I hope if enough requests come in, it will be added sooner rather than later.

1 Like

I am in total agreement with this Feature Request – when you are reviewing and have to check off tasks you completed earlier in the week, the desktop feature of entering a Completed date is invaluable! We need this as an option in Inspector in OmniFocus 3 for iOS.

Hi @david_n. Please send your feedback about the to omnifocus@omnigroup.com if you haven’t done so already. User requests can help prioritize when features are added.

1 Like

I sent in a support request, and got this reply from OmniFocus support:

We recently added the ability to see and edit the Completed date for items in OmniFocus 3 for iOS (this was added in v3.4). Couple of things to note about this:

• The Completed field will only appear after an item is completed
  • The Completed isn’t one of the default fields that is shown so you will need to tap Show More at the bottom of the Inspector to see it along with any other fields that are hidden by default
  • If you wish to have the Completed field show up by default (when an item is completed), then you can tap Customize Inspector, and reposition the Completed field to be something that is always shown.

This is great! No more walking all the way over to my computer to change the completed date on a task.