View Tasks Without Incomplete Prerequisites

I recently finished setting up a large project with a complex path of dependencies and prerequisites. What I’d like to do now is use my project in OmniPlan to track progress and assign tasks to my team. To do this, I need some way of determining which tasks are “ready to be worked on”. To explain:

• If a task has no prerequisite it is ready to be worked on.
  • If a task has one or more prerequisites but they are all 100% complete it is ready to be worked on.
  • If a task has one or more prerequisites and any are not 100% complete it is not yet ready to be worked on.

Ideally, I’d be able to get at this data using a filter so that I’m seeing only the tasks that are ready to be worked on. Failing that, a highlight color on these tasks in the Gantt chart (similar to the red highlight on the critical path) would also work.

Is there a way to accomplish either of these views in OmniPlan? If not, I’m open to suggestions on how to approximate this functionality using Applescript.

Has anyone managed to solve this? I’m having the same issues. Tried achieving this with filters but to no avail.

1 Like