Viewing your own templates in the resource browser

While transferring a custom template over to OO5, I noticed that after saving it in OO5 (in the Pro Templates folder), it does not appear among the list of templates in the resource browser (when I select File->New). I can only find it under Recents instead.

How do I get it to show up among the other templates?

Where is the file actually located? You can right-click on it in the resource browser and select Show in Finder. Are the other templates there? Did it possibly end up in the wrong spot? We’ve discovered there are some issues if you added a Pro license while using the trial in Essentials mode. One being that the Resource Browser will only show you the Essential templates. This could be what’s happening.

The file is located in ~/Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner5/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniOutliner/Pro Templates

It sits in the same folder as Blank.otemplate and Compact.otemplate.

But yes, I initially did this using the trial version in Essentials mode. However, I’ve since purchased a Pro license, and I’m still seeing this behavior.

Hi Derek - is there a fix for the issue you mention? I added a Pro license and now can only see the Essential templates. Reinstalling didn’t fix it.

If I move the template from the Pro Templates to the essential templates, it appears in the resource browser. I have lost the templates that I used to have in version 4 of the app though.

Did you purchase your license from our store? If so yes, remove your license, switch the trial mode to Pro, then re-add your license. If you purchased from the the Mac App Store, I think you would have to delete the app through Launchpad (which will also remove your templates so back that up first), and then re-download from the MAS. We’ll be getting this fixed in the next version.

1 Like

Hi Derek, I purchased it through the store. I removed the license, switched to Pro, and re-added the license. It worked. Thank you for your help!

Thanks for fixing this issue in OO v5.0.2 !

2 Likes