What features do people most want in OmniFocus Web?

Given that based on previous years the Omni roadmap probably drops soon, what features do people most want for OFW.

For me it would be:

1. Focus
  2. Perspectives
1 Like
  1. A web API with the ability to add actions with all their parameters (tags, dates, etc). I would use this for integration with other apps through Napier.
  2. Perspectives (edit: view only, not the rules editor)

If (1) was added I would subscribe to OF Web just for that backend capability; I use the Mac & iOS clients exclusively.

2 Likes

I’d really like to be able to re-order and move projects/folders/tags.

2 Likes
  • Multiple selection for bulk editing.
  • Click on tag to jump to that tag.
1 Like

Perspectives is the biggest one.

The ability to mostly just use the keyboard… keyboard shortcuts and tabbing around aren’t very good right now.

2 Likes

Ability to select/edit multiple tasks. Also view deferred items in Forecast.

1 Like

Deferred in forecast is available now on the rest url: https://test.omnifocus.com/

Ability to set up my own Omnifocus web app on my own servers. I haven’t even looked to see if that is possible now but unless that was an option I won’t use it. Data security and privacy are my main concerns.

1 Like

I remember there was an article about how OmniFocus Web works with regards security:

https://inside.omnifocus.com/blog/security-and-encryption-in-omnifocus-for-the-web

TLDR: if you use OmniFocus Web your data is stored unencrypted (for a “while”) on Omnis app servers for performance reasons.

I think they still support WebDav sync to your own server, this page refers to OmniFocus V3:

https://support.omnigroup.com/documentation/omnifocus/mac/3.0/en/getting-synced/

Sync is not the same as a web app that non-Mac folks can access. I already use my own WebDav server for syncing between multiple macs and iOS devices. Sync is a good start but I’d like the ability to run an Omni Server on my own system.

1 Like

Where? I can’t find it…Do you mean items with a future due date?

I’d like to see items with a deferred flag date.

The three biggest features I’d like to see are:

• Perspectives
  • Search
  • Being able to organize (move projects between folders, move projects up and down in hierarchy, etc)
1 Like
  • Search
  • Edit completion date (like in MacOS version, e.g. set a completion date in the past)
  • Copy tasks (like in MacOS: right-click or drop-down menu, or Command + C/V)
  • Edit “Repeat” section of a task
2 Likes

Perspectives.

1 Like

Anyone have any insight if OFW will be improved anytime soon? I find you can’t even move projects around to new folders, not helpful for processing at all…

2 Likes

I believe it was mentioned from Ken that it would be another 6-8 weeks.

•Perspectives

This would allow me to create tasks that my wife I can work on together.
(While waiting for real OmniFocus collaboration that is…)

Still waiting for Search!

2 Likes

I agree with the ones that mentioned Focus mode. It would seem a lot of people are using the OF web version on computers at work or with a different operating system other than MacOS. That leads me to believe there is specific work you need to focus on (i.e. I’m at work and don’t want to see my personal projects show up in the forecast). This would be a perfect product to receive the focus mode. I would recommend the web platform a lot more if it had this feature. OF has great opportunity with the advancement of SaaS offerings. It starts to show it’s age more as we see and use more cutting web apps in our daily lives.