Windows Desktop Version?

Has there been any consideration of using Electron or something similar to create a Windows/Linux Desktop Version of OmniFocus from the Web version?

1 Like

Or maybe using Flutter to have OmniFocus developed once and available on iOS, Android and Web? Just curious if you looked into this technology?

1 Like

Open OmniFocus Web in Microsoft Edge. Click at the … on the right. In the menu navigate to Apps. Click command ‚Install this site as an app‘. Give it a proper name. Then allow adding the ‚app‘ to start and or task list. When you start OmniFocus web with that app icon you won’t have the address line anymore. More like an app.

(From my recent post on Mastodon.)

4 Likes

An interesting revelation about OmniFocus 4 in 2023 is the advancement of feature parity coming to the web version.

https://www.omnigroup.com/letters/36

On the OmniFocus for the Web side of things, we’re working on an update that will bring compatibility with the new features of OmniFocus 4, and this will be arriving on the test website soon — watch the Omni Blog for details. If you’re a current user of OmniFocus for the Web, you can try the version on the test server at any time by logging in with your regular credentials.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip; very helpful

1 Like

I took this to mean some of the features… not feature parity (or anywhere close) but maybe I’m wrong? I hope so!

Yes very nice !