Wrong icons in OmniFocus Kanban automation?

Hello @Sal ,

I installed the Kanban automation in two instances of Omnifocus on Mac: my personal laptop and my work laptop. Both have the same version 3.11.7 running.
For both, there is only a 5 minute difference in download time of the automation zip file.

On my personal laptop, everything is fine. But on my work laptop, the icons of the toolbar buttons are not correct. Here is what I see:

If I open the Automation Console, I see errors (which I don’t have on my personal laptop):

Warning loading plug-in at file:///Users/<user>/Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus3/Data/Library/Application%20Support/Plug-Ins/of-kanban-board.omnifocusjz.omnifocusjs/: No image found with name "info.circle.fill".
Warning loading plug-in at file:///Users/<user>/Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus3/Data/Library/Application%20Support/Plug-Ins/of-kanban-board.omnifocusjz.omnifocusjs/: No image found with name "map".
Warning loading plug-in at file:///Users/<user>/Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus3/Data/Library/Application%20Support/Plug-Ins/of-kanban-board.omnifocusjz.omnifocusjs/: No image found with name "tray.and.arrow.down.fill".
Warning loading plug-in at file:///Users/<user>/Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus3/Data/Library/Application%20Support/Plug-Ins/of-kanban-board.omnifocusjz.omnifocusjs/: No image found with name "arrow.triangle.2.circlepath".
Warning loading plug-in at file:///Users/<user>/Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus3/Data/Library/Application%20Support/Plug-Ins/of-kanban-board.omnifocusjz.omnifocusjs/: No image found with name "timer".
Warning loading plug-in at file:///Users/<user>/Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus3/Data/Library/Application%20Support/Plug-Ins/of-kanban-board.omnifocusjz.omnifocusjs/: No image found with name "tray.full".
Warning loading plug-in at file:///Users/<user>/Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus3/Data/Library/Application%20Support/Plug-Ins/of-kanban-board.omnifocusjz.omnifocusjs/: No image found with name "delete.left".

Note: I redacted my real Mac username with <user> in the output above.

Looking at the bundle contents, I see the same set of files, all with the same date information, when comparing both laptops.

Do you have any idea what might be wrong here?

Greetings,

Ringo

Greetings!
I’m using 3.11.7 on macOS 11.4 with Kanban Plug-In 1.1 and all of the icons show up correctly.

Questions:

1. Do you have multiple copies of OomniFocus running?
  2. Where is the plug-in installed: Local Support Folder or iCloud Folder? On my the plug-in is in the iCloud folder.

Let’s see if we can fix the issue. Make sure to install the latest update, then restart OmniFocus. Also, which version of the plug-in (About this Plug-In) are you using?

Hello @Sal,

That is indeed a change between the two setups I overlooked: my personal laptop has it installed on iCloud, while my work laptop has it locally.

Checking Kanban Board -> About this PlugIn also reports v1.1.

I double checked the files again and here is what I found: the image names from the errors are used in manifest.json from the plugin bundle. In the Resources folder, I see images with another name:

• kanban-clear.png
  • kanban-done.png
  • kanban-in-progress.png

So given the names in manifest.json don’t map to real image files, I find it understandable that it doesn’t work on my work laptop, but then I’m puzzled why this works on my personal laptop.

Am I missing something how this mapping happens?

Ringo

Which version of OmniFocus are installed. The manifest should indicate the SF Symbols. I left the image files in the bundle in case users liked the older look and would want to edit the JSON file. But OmniFocus should use the SF Symbols regardless of the images.

Personal laptop:

• macOS Big Sur 11.3.1
  • OmniFocus 3.11.7 (v149.14.0)
  • Kanban plugin v1.1 installed on iCloud

Work laptop:

• macOS Catalina 10.15.7
  • OmniFocus 3.11.7 (v149.14.0)
  • Kanban plugin v1.1 installed locally

Side question: what are the SF Symbols?

Ah. SF Symbols won’t work on OS before 11.

Is there a way to map the bundled images to the action buttons? I tried replacing the image identifier with the name of the PNG files, restarted Omnifocus, but that didn’t seem to work.

Or do you have another suggestion? The only thing I’m after is to visually distinguish between the buttons as the action name is not displayed on my toolbar.

I’ve attached version 1 of the plug-in which used image icons:

of-kanban-board.omnifocusjs.zip (124.8 KB)

1 Like