Adding nodes to a line

Does anyone else have any oddness occur when you are adding intermediate nodes on a line? I have yet to find any pattern on why this occurs (steps that preceded the issue) but it keeps occurring.

Basic issue: when adding an intermediate node to a line between two other nodes, the node is added in the correct location but the line thinks it is on the other side of an adjacent node. It displays by adding an odd bend in the line which can easly be seen when you move the newly added node.

Do you use Bezier as line type?

No, I tried using that but was easier for me to use a Straight Line type with corner radius to follow the desired paths. There was too much adjusting using Bezier or Curved lines and they didn’t always follow or stay on the desired path.

I can confirm, this is an old bug, it exists in OG 5.4.4. Wherein it is not a “odd bend” but the line is redrawn as a thumb knot.

In OG 5.4.4, after adding the MidPoint [1], when the line goes to hell in a hand-basket, adding yet another MidPoint [2] and then dropping MidPoint [1], often works.

Cheers

In OG 5.4.4, after adding the MidPoint [1], when the line goes to hell in a hand-basket, adding yet another MidPoint [2] and then dropping MidPoint [1], often works.

Thanks. I will try that when it does it again.

And just to be clear, is the 2nd midpoint added near the first or does it even matter?

Yes, it does matter, but it is easy to figure out, both the MidPoint that triggered the bug, the line placement change (the bug itself), and therefore where the new MidPoint should go.

Basically, on a correct line, if you had EndPoints and MidPoints:
___1; 2; 3; 4; 5,
and added MidPoint 3.a:
___1; 2; 3; 3.a; 4; 5
which triggered the bug that caused the line to now go:
___1; 2; 3; 4; 3.a; 5,
Then, observing this new knowledge, you add Midpoint 3.b, closest to the EndPoint:
___1; 2; 3; 4, 3.a; 3.b; 5
and remove MidPoint 4, which would get the line to behave properly:
___1; 2; 3; 3.a; 3.b; 5

In general, it is the line segment between one EndPoint and its nearest MidPoint that goes to hell and gets placed incorrectly.

Cheers