Adding numbers in text box/label?

Hi,

I have the following problem: I have a diagram with shapes along a line, and a label indicating the distance from the start of the line (this number is not zero). The first shape is at a distance X+X0 (X0 is the the start of the line), the second is at Y+X+X0, etc. Right now, if either X0 or any of the positions Y, X, etc change, I have to re-label all of the shapes by hand, which is a pain. Is there any way to automate this?

I did explore using the %Y% and %X% or other data fields (these can be very useful) but they don’t work for my case because the diagram isn’t scaled exactly to reality.

Thanks for any advice.

So, the Shapes contain text the includes <%length%>: is that correct ?

Otherwise, what exactly are you changing by hand, what does the text in each Shape contain ?

Ok, but then why do you expect <%length%> to be meaningful ?

Cheers

So, the Shapes contain text the includes <%length%>: is that correct ?

No, at the moment the labels next to the shapes contain a distance in meters which I put in manually

Ok, but then why do you expect <%length%> to be meaningful ?

I don’t expect to be meaningful. I was trying to say that I can’t use things like %X%, %Y% or %length% because the diagram isn’t scaled.

Sorry for the delay.

Ok, so why is the diagram not scaled ? Why are you expecting scaled properties from a non-scaled diagram ? What is the problem that prevents you from placing the Origin at the GridPoint that you want (eg. your X0) ?

AFAIK, the solution is simple if you scale the diagram. If not, then yes, you have to manually change whatever needs changing.

Cheers