Canvas Sizing Issue

Hi all.

I’m trying to draw up my house scale, and I have the units set to feet and 1 ft = 12 inch.

I drew a single box that represents the total size of the house as a single box as a foundation, but even if I zoom out to the max of 5%, I can’t see the entire box. How can I change the display size, whatever, so it will allow me to zoom out further - without changing the scale?

Also is there a way display line length as I’m drawing it, for drawing walls? Thanks!

Like, basically I want to be able to zoom out more, and I want my lines to also not be displayed thicker without having to change he line thickness, etc., but keep the line length to scale unmodified - Does that make sense?

Nevermind… I figured it out… wasn’t properly using the Scale - whoops.

There is a preference in the General tab of Preferences to “Display object size and position tags during object manipulation”. As far as scaling, I wish I had learned how to scale a canvas with the mouse years ago. I’ve always used the scale menu. To use the mouse, hold command and option while rubbing up and down on mouse.

Clarification

To Zoom-In/Out, Control-Scroll, meaning Control plus the scroll wheel on your mouse (if it has one). That is a MacOS feature, across all apps, not an OG feature.

Edit

That is, either Command-scroll or Control-scroll.

Cheers

That MacOS feature zooms the entire screen. Control-command-scroll just zooms the Omnigraffle document.

Not on my MacBook Pro/MacOS 10.10.5.

• As I understand it, Command-scroll or Control-scroll is the Apple directive to app suppliers (ie. not specific to any app):
  • It zooms-in/out in the active Window, whatever app it is
  • the rest of the screen remains unchanged

In OmniGraffle (not other apps):

• Command-scroll zooms-in/out in the active Window
    • Command-option-scroll does the same thing
    • Command-control-scroll does the same thing
  • Control-scroll does nothing
  • the rest of the screen remains static.

Eg. in ThunderBird, which is at home in MS Windoze, where Control is the relevant key:

• Command-scroll does nothing
  • Control-scroll zooms-in/out in the active Window.

Eg. in Firefox, which which caters to both Mac and Windoze:

• Command-scroll zooms-in/out in the active Window
    • Command-option-scroll does nothing
  • Control-scroll zooms-in/out in the active Window
    • Control-option-scroll does nothing

Cheers

Where, precisely do you mean, by “coming out” ?
A PDF ?

And what do you mean, exactly when you say that “previously they were correct” ?
Are you using a [multiple of] PageSize, or a declared fixed size ?
Was it the same version of OG ?

Cheers