Draw segments of a circle

Hello,
what is the best / easiest way to draw a circle with multiple segments as visualised here?

I found a way to draw sectors, using this script, but I would really like to have different segments (e.g. three segments filling one circle).

Thanks for your help,
Cheers,
Claus

You can get a result similar to this by using the Adjustable Wedge shape, a built-in shape that can be selected using the Object:Shape Inspector. Adjustable wedges have edit points that can be dragged to represent different pie slices. Each wedge shape will be a single pie slice, but you can of course make a few of these objects and stack them together to form a complete circle, as I’ve done in the following screenshot. I hope this helps!

Dear aaron,

thanks for pointing me to the Object:Shape Inspector. This can be quite useful!

Unfortunately, there is a specific reason, why I wanted a segment (which does not necessarily need to run through the center of a circle, unlike a sector or wedge.

In the end, I did a half-assed job using the pen tool. I drew a really large circle that was kind of small in my presentation, so it was ok.

Thanks,
Claus

Where is this window with Adjustable, Uncommon, etc. and the wedge shape - I don’t see anything like this in my OmniGraffle shapes pallette.

In OG 4 & 5, it is somewhat straight-forward.

.1. First, Select the Shape tool:

.2. That activates a segment that is displayed in the Inspector/Style, in a not quite intuitive position, after Stroke and before Shadow:

If the Shape tool is not active, that segment (fixed size) is empty.

.3. Select the Wedge Shape.

.4. Draw.

In later releases that simple segment [2], has been turned into a monster for vision-impaired people (Aaron’s post), you will have to hunt it down. They haven’t figured out that real estate is seriously valuable, yet. Probably more keystrokes as well.

Cheers

1 Like

Where is this window with Adjustable, Uncommon, etc. and the wedge shape - I don’t see anything like this in my OmniGraffle shapes pallette.

With a shape selected you can click here In the Inspector.

SG

hmm, I still don’t see exactly what your screenshot shows - here’s what I see:

You just have your [window]panes (Inspector; Stencils; Workspace) arranged differently.

I can see it clearly in your screenshot. Top left. The Inspector. Styles. Just below the Stroke section. Above Properties. I can see the Wedge Shape.

Cheers