How to edit points for a adjustable shape when the point handles are obscured?

If I’ve got a editable shape ( say an adjustable wedge) with edit control points one or all of which are obscured by resize handles, how do I adjust?

e.g.

Have tried double-clicking line (edits text within), or Command-option dragging on location (copies object).
Similar to https://discourse-test.omnigroup.com/t/how-to-add-control-point-when-resize-handle-is-in-the-way/10405

Common problem, that of the EditPoints being obscured by ShapeHandles.

Try clicking on the EditPoint that is not obscured. That should turn it filled-in-blue (as opposed to outline-blue. That should make the ShapeHandles disappear. Now all EditPoints should be (a) visible and (b) not obscured.

If that does not close the issue, I need the OG version, to provide more exact responses. OG 7 is pre-pre-pre-product, so that version does not count.

Second, to obtain a purchase on an Endpoint that is obscured, it is Command-Option click, not Command-Option drag.

Cheers

@GraffleGuru thanks for that – that works great for the one I depicted, but I was hoping there was a more general meansof selecting the EditPoints, which would work when all are obscured, e.g.:

(I’ve tried zooming to many levels, and can see the indication of the blue editpoints within the shapeHandles , but they are never selectable)

OmniGraffle/6.6.1/GM-169.20
Date: 2016-08-08 22:57:25 -0700

Yes, there is:

[quote][quote]
to obtain a purchase on an Endpoint that is obscured [by a ShapeHandle], [the key stroke] is Command-Option click, not Command-Option drag.
[/quote][/quote]

That act Selects the EditPoint.

[quote][quote]
That should turn [the invisible-but-chosen EditPoint to] filled-in-blue (as opposed to outline-blue).

That [act, Selecting EditPoints,] should make the ShapeHandles disappear.

Now all the EditPoints should be (a) visible and (b) not obscured
[/quote][/quote]

because © the ShapeHandles are now invisible.

After that act of Selecting EditPoints, you can drag; arrow; Command-drag; Option-drag; etc.

I have just verified it on OG 6.6.1.

Normal Edit Mode

The normal Edit Mode, showing ShapeHandles. (The EditPoints are not visible or Selectable).

Command-Option click the left-lower EditPoint (which I know is behind the ShapeHandle, and obscured by it).

That SelectEditPoint act causes OG to enter:

EditPoint Edit Mode

and the EditPoint that I chose, is Selected.

This is an shape-level Edit Mode. If you click outside the shape or Escape, OG will return to Normal Edit Mode.

Perfect – I just validated Command-option-click. Now I get it. thanks very much

1 Like

You are most welcome.