Move Projects to Folder (Script)

I´m trying to move a project(s) to a specific folder with scripting

I have seen a few threats but with the scripts I can´t seem to move projects to a sub foler with theese script (see links) has anyone found a solution to that ?

An example using OmniJS (paste in the console), assuming you would like to move selected projects to a folder named Checklists.

(() => {
	const
        win = document.windows[0],
		projs = win.selection.projects,
        folder = flattenedFolders.byName("Checklists");
    return moveSections(projs, folder)
})();
1 Like

Thank you for your response, I tried your script but I don´t get it to work

• Paste it to console
  • Create checklist folder
  • Nothing happens
    (see picture)

But Ideally I think it would be better to see a list of the folders and check to folder to move the project to in my case…instead of having multuple script action for each folder…

But thanks for the help 🙏

The script assumes you already have a folder named “Checklists”. Could you upload the screenshot ?

1 Like

Sorry I wasnt clear enough

• I had created it before I ran the script

It’s not ready to become a Plug-in. Did you paste it in the Console and run it ?

We could do a Plug-In out of it if it’s useful for you. Not today, since I do not have the time.

The thing is I´m searching for a way to move new projects quickly to it´s place

• I prefer to have the folders collapsed (like in the previous picture)
  • My only other solution is to have the Folders expanded and drag and drop the project to it´s destination.

Oh, I understand what you’re looking for. Unfortunately, I am just doing pre-boarding and leaving my city.

If you didn’t find another solution, remind me in 10 days (I’ll be back) and I’ll try to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.