Omnifocus 3 for Mac, Calendar sync

I haven’t been making good use of Omnifocus for this very reason. Please bring this back. Until then, I will not be paying for any more upgrades.

2 Likes

absolutley

Yes please to calendar sync. Maybe a checkbox in the info panel to select which items get added to the calendar.

I’m just revisiting this thread to see if there’s been any further comment or progress on this . . . . . to me, it’s extraordinary that such a basic feature isn’t included in the current version of OmniFocus.

1 Like

+1 to restore OmniFocus Calendar integration. What is wrong with giving options to users? If you like it, use it… If you don’t, don’t…

2 Likes

Adding another plus 1 for this option. I also emailed support, and asked if with Omni Automation it would be possible to write to a calendar. I have the iOS app, and I would think the option to allow OmniFocus to read the calendars would also allow writing.

1 Like

Just curious if anyone has heard anything about the possibility of calendar sync coming back. I love many things about OmniFocus, but the lack of integration with OmniPlan or calendars is both surprising and appalling. We live in a visual world, and graphic interfaces have become the norm — I don’t know how much longer people will want to view their tasks/projects simply as lines and lines of text on a screen.

1 Like

Maybe I’m confused by this thread. My version of OF3 syncs with my Mac calendar and things show up in the forecast view so I don’t understand?

@DugB ----It doesn’t really “sync” with your calendar – it displays events from your calendar within OmniFocus . . . . . but it doesn’t display items from OmniFocus in your calendar. It’s one-way only, sort of a “half-sync”.

1 Like

Oh, you mean the other way around. I get ya. Yea…that would be nice ;)

Just created an account here to bump this post - please bring back ical subscription!

1 Like

+1 for calendare sync pls.

1 Like

+1 (just created the account only for that reason)

1 Like

If you’d like to cast your vote for this feature, I recommend emailing the Omni Group at omnifocus@omnigroup.com. You can also drop them a line by choosing Contact Omni from the Help menu (Mac) and Settings (iPhone, iPad).

These forums are intended for users of Omni’s apps to communicate with each other and not for support.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

So it’s a deal killer if you need bidirectional data sync.

I personally do not want that OmniFocus syncs with calendar app. For me that is the wrong approach.

One of the most demotiving problems for me was that because you are “on top of” all the actions by using OF or any other task application for that matter, I never was able to finish my “Today - next action list”. Every night feeling disappointed about what I did not do, in stead of enjoying all the accomplishments.

So I switched my approach to determine how much time I have left on my calendar (working time - meeting durations) and compare this with my “Today next action” list total durations time. I decide which task to defer from my “Today - next action” list and drag and drop the remaining tasks manually to a free slot on my calendar in Fantastical (nicely linking back to OF task). At that time the calendar is my planning for that day and it is realistic.

This how it shows in Drafts 5 (running the Shortcut “time in flight”) with all the “Today - next actions” with duration time and link to OmniFocus presented:

… even made a widget for my iPhone and iPad with automation to run silent every night.
IMG_0273 !

Here you see a short video of the concept: https://youtu.be/2hp-rdZd3eY

2 Likes

Calendar sync feature should be supported in OmniFocus 4.

1 Like

Hi Rose, long time coming back to this discussion, but I wanted to reach out to find out why adding ‘and (repetition rule = missing value)’ to the ’ GET OMNIFOCUS TASKS’ bit isn’t working for me. You can see what I want to do – exclude repeating tasks from the script you wrote. Is there another/better/working way to achieve this? I feel like my way is possibly dumb/certainly incorrect. If you can help, thanks! :)