Omnifocus 3 for Mac, Calendar sync

+1 restore OmniFocus Calendar integration!

4 Likes

Recently I can observe my calendar on the Apple Watch and see all events including OF and the calendar own events.
Now itā€™s impossible :( ā€“ native OF Apple Watch app is not suitable to observe my daily routine.

+1 add this feature back

2 Likes

After transferring to a new MacBook and then upgrading from OF2 to OF3 I now have two versions of OF on my MacBook. OF3 & OF2. I am regularly using OF3. As a former OF2 calendar sync user I am getting ghosts in my Calendars OF Reminders calendar. Creating an action in OF3 with a due date creates a reminder in the OF Reminders calendar. Change the due date of the action in OF3 and the OF Reminders calendar now has a ghost reminder. Temporary work around seems to be to close OF 3 and open OF 2. After allowing a few minutes for synching the ghost entries in the OF Reminders calendar are cleared.

Why would you keep v2 on the machine?

2 Likes

+1 for bringing the feature back. Iā€™m a new user and missing this already

2 Likes

It was unintentional. I moved a user account from the old MacBook to the new MacBook. Downloaded and installed OF3. When down both versions were still on the new MacBook.

1 Like

another +1 for bringing this back!

1 Like

New Omnifocus user as of version 3, and I find it hard to believe that this used to be possible but was dropped.

+1 to bring it back.

(As they suggest, I also emailed support@omnigroup.com about it.)

1 Like

Please restore calendar integration.
Without it Omni Focus is not helpful to me.

4 Likes

I created an omnigroup account just to vote this feature up.

3 Likes

Thanks, I finally implemented this and it is very useful :)

Please bring it back! This will affect my decision to buy or not.

1 Like

+1 for the return of this feature

+1 for this. I plan my calendar also based on the workload of tasks, I need to keep both app open and cross reference to manage my calendar. Itā€™s a pain without.

+1 for this. It was always very useful to have due date auto-populate in my calendar

+1 for this. Thank you!

Just to remind people: if you want to see a feature you need to email it to support as outlined in the first visit post ;)

Hi there

Than you for creating this script, I am trying to implement but have come upon a snag. I am new to OmniFocus and have almost zero experience in coding.

1. I have copy and pasted the text into apple script

2. Then created an Omnifocus calendar on the Mac calendar app.

3. Added the ā€œOmniFocusā€ into name of calendar

When I clicked play this ā€˜Script Errorā€™ appearedā€¦ The variable_default duration is not defined.

From reading the article I guess that meant 30 minutes which is also a good time for me so I inserted ā€œ30 minutesā€

Clicked play again and this ā€˜Scrip Errorā€™ appearedā€¦ ā€˜The variable start_date is not defined.ā€™

The ScriptEditor then highlighted in the area shown below

ā€“ BUILD CALENDAR DATE
set end_date to task_due
set start_date to start_date - (task_estimate * minutes)

I canā€™t work out what to put in start_date as I am thinking that each start date would be different, I have also re read the article so if there is anything Iā€™ve missed I apologise.

Thank you for your considerations

You just need to set minutes to 30, no words ;)