OmniGraffle 5.4.4 for MAC OSX HighSierra

Hi, I did not use my OmniGraffle for long time, but need to make some schemes again. I have Pro license for version 5. I did try to install version 5.4.4 from official Omnigroup page to MacOSX HighSierra, but got crash message. Did somebody make successful installation? In the release note it is written, that minimum requirement for OmniGraffle 5.4.4 in Mac Osx 10.6, but it is not written, that it does not work in higher versions.
Thx to all. Janez

This is from the Omni support pages:

“OmniGraffle 5 and OmniGraffle Professional 5 (originally released in 2008 for Mac OS X OS 10.5 Leopard) are incompatible due to underlying OS changes in High Sierra. Existing customers are eligible for discounted upgrade pricing for OmniGraffle 7.”

The full page is here:

https://support.omnigroup.com/high-sierra/

There is a link for a discounted upgrade here:

https://support.omnigroup.com/omnigraffle-7-upgrades/

FYI

I use OG V5.4 exclusively. On Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite). On a 2015 (then) brand new MacBook Pro with Retina.

Out of the box, the new MacBook had OSX 10.13 High Sierra loaded.

• But various Apple programs did not work (Apple had reduced the function set; removed various OS facilities; etc, that I used).
  • So Apple regressed the unit to OSX 10.11 (El Capitan). The problem (lost features) existed on that dog as well.
  • So Apple regressed the unit to OSX 10.10 (Yosemite). That got around most of the problems.
  • Additionally Apple shipped me a CD (yes!) for iWork '09, which returned the function set that I used, to me.

The point where OG is concerned is this. I have not attempted OG 5.4 on anything later than OSX 10.10. And given Nick’s post, I would expect it to fail on OSX 10.13.

Due to the confusion during that time (I was trying to get OG to work on OSX 10.13), I too, upgraded to OG 6 and paid the upgrade cost. Total waste of money, because OG V6 is unusable, due to:

• loss of features and functions
  • masses of bugs (that OG V5.4 does not have)
  • and a hideous GUI

I have regressed to OG V5.4 to overcome all three issues, and to return me to a function set that I had, that works.

Cheers