Quick Open - Would searching Actions and Notes be useful?

I’m curious if anyone has a need for Quick Open to search Actions and Notes? There are times I have a Project, then I make actions inside those which become like projects as well. Making those searchable with a toggle option would be very cool. I do believe the current model is clean and simple. Toggling actions/notes could display in a ton of results, so an option to enable/disable Actions and Notes may be necessary.

For example, using Quick Open to find Project is a nice touch. Using Quick Open to find Action A and Action B would be cool too.

Project
–Action A
----Action 1
----Action 2
–Action B
----Action 1
----Action 2

3 Likes

I’ve noticed a couple times I’d like to search for completed projects as well. I use OF a lot to keep track of projects for people and sometimes there is a need to refer to completed projects.

I tried setting View to All in Projects mode, but I couldn’t search for the completed Projects. I saw them in the list with a completed mark, but they did not populate in Quick Open.

To toggle a search for completed items within Quick Open would be a nice addition.

1 Like

I would find this very useful. I often know I added a keyword somewhere in a task (title or note) and would like a quick way to summon that task.

I’ve sent Omni an email requesting this.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am with You @Revearti, the behaviour You are suggesting is available in the search feature in OF2 on the iphone. There You have the choice what scope Your search should encompass- down to “everything”, including tasks, notes and the likes…

I am sorely missing a global search option for words anywhere in the db…

2 Likes

I’m also finding this limitation frustrating. I feel either Quick Open or the search box in the top right really ought to be global. It’s a pain to switch to projects view every time I want to search for a task that’s deferred, usually when I’ve accidentally set a defer date but not finished other details, then accidentally switched it out of my views.

1 Like

Yes, we need this!