Script to copy/paste tags to select columns (redux!)

Hi,

I’ve got several OmniOutliner documents in which all of my tags fall under a Tag column. I’d like to create new columns, as subject categories, and then I’d like to populate those newly-created subject category columns with the tags that correspond with them (e.g. subject category column " Fruit " would contain tags “Bananas;Grapes;Apples” based on the tags contained in that row’s Tag column).

(The tags in my documents don’t have any hashtags or underscores, and they’re separated with semicolons, without any whitespace before after the tag – but including any whitespace that exists in between words within a tag. ** )

To that end, I’m seeking a script that will enable me to

1. Assign which tags correspond with these newly-created “subject category” columns (i.e., first creating subject category columns " Fruit " and " Vegetables ", and then assigning Bananas, Grapes, Apples and Cabbage, Cauliflower, Brussel Sprouts to the categories, respectively)

2. Copy the tags under each row’s Tag column…

3. and then paste the to the cells under their respective “subject category” column for each row – while separating each tag with semicolons, without any whitespace before after the tag (i.e., subject category column " Fruit " would contain tags “Bananas;Grapes;Apples” and " Vegetables " would contain tags “Cabbage;Cauliflower;Brussel Sprouts” based on the tags contained in that row’s Tag column – and with that tag separation formatting ).

( ** As you can see, there’s space between Brussel Sprouts under the Vegetables tags – but no whitespace separation between the semicolons and the tags)

Does anyone have any suggestions for the steps I ought to take, and a script I could use, for this process?

Many thanks for any help you can provide…!

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas / suggestions for a script I could use for the approach I’m seeking (outlined above).

Many thanks for your help!